ST. LOUIS, June 1, 2022 — The St. Louis Regional Health Commission (RHC) welcomed eleven new Commissioners to its board of directors in 2022.
The RHC is an appointed body of individuals dedicated to ensuring the financial sustainability of the health care safety net in St. Louis, developing and sustaining an integrated health care system for those most in need, and serving as a point-of-contact for State and Federal agencies regarding health care safety net issues. Each Commissioner is appointed to their position by local governmental bodies, regional medical systems, and the RHC’s three advisory boards.
Appointed by the Governor of Missouri
- Kirk Mathews, Chief Transformation Officer of MO HealthNet Division, Missouri Department of Social Services
- Angeline Stanislaus, MD, Chief Medical Director of the Missouri Department of Mental Health
Appointed by the St. Louis County Executive
- Sheila Grigsby, Ph.D., RN, MPH, APHN-BC, Dean’s Fellow for Community Engagement and Assistant Professor at the University of Missouri–St. Louis College of Nursing
- Faisal Khan, MBBS, MPH, Acting Director of the St. Louis County Department of Public Health
- Sidney D. Watson, JD, Jane and Bruce Robert Professor of Law, and Director of the Saint Louis University School of Law’s Center for Health Law Studies
Appointed by the Mayor of the City of St. Louis
- Matifadza Hlatshwayo, MD, MPH, Director of Health for the City of St. Louis Department of Health
Appointed by the Federally Qualified Health Centers
- Angela Clabon, Chief Executive Officer of CareSTL Health
Appointed by the Community at Large
- Bethany Johnson-Javois, President & CEO of the Deaconess Foundation
- Ray Weick, MD, President of Mercy Clinic in the St. Louis and South communities
Appointed by the RHC’s Patient Advisory Board
- Robin Cole, MA, Coordinated Entry Case Manager with St. Patrick Center, Patient Advisory Board Co-Chair
- Nia Sumpter, Patient Advisory Board Co-Chair
Each Commissioner performs a vital role in serving the RHC’s mission of ensuring equitable health care access and outcomes across the St. Louis region, particularly for communities of color. See our full leadership team at www.stlrhc.org/who-we-are/leadership/commissioners/.
For more information, please contact Angela Brown at email@example.com. Angela F. Brown, MPH, is the CEO of the St. Louis Regional Health Commission (RHC). The RHC is a nonprofit organization that envisions a St Louis region committed to achieving zero health disparities, through a community driven approach, that yields health equity in all policy and outcomes. The Commission comprises an appointed body of government, health care and community leadership, and serves as a key regional health planning body for the St. Louis region.