Gateway to Better Health is a temporary health care program for uninsured adults in St. Louis City and County that covers primary care, specialty care, and certain outpatient procedures.
Gateway Provides Access to Health Care for the Uninsured
- Gateway to Better Health is critical to maintaining access to outpatient care for approximately 28,000 individuals in St. Louis City and County.
- Gateway provides more than 2,500 primary care visits and 800 dental visits each month.
- Approximately, 2,000 patients receive a referral for specialty, diagnostic and outpatient hospital services each month.
- 99% of Gateway members surveyed reported that they are more likely to see a doctor as a result of this program.
If you are a patient or provider, please call 1-888-513-1417 to learn more.
Coverage Plan and Network of Providers
The Gateway to Better Health program plan provides primary, specialty and urgent care services for uninsured adults ages 19-64, who are below 100% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL).
Primary Care Providers
- Betty Jean Kerr People’s Health Center
- Family Care Health Centers
- Grace Hill Health Centers
- Myrtle Hilliard Davis Health Centers
- St. Louis County Department of Health
Specialty Care Providers
- Washington University School of Medicine
- Eye Associates
Limited outpatient procedures also are covered with an authorized referral from a network physician. These services are provided in partnership with local hospitals.
If you are a patient or provider interested in learning more about the program, please visit the Gateway to Better Health website for more information.